CoreCivic has an opening in our corporate finance team for a detail minded, PC experienced bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper will be supporting our field facilities by providing financial support for individual facility bank account activity as well as posting and verifying entries in our G/L accounting system to record financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. As a member of the finance team you will be trained on our internal systems and report to the Senior Director of Accounting.
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Maintains a working knowledge of all applicable CoreCivic accounting policies.
2. Utilizes applicable accounting and accounting control procedures that are in keeping with generally accepted accounting principles and CoreCivic accounting policies and procedures in performing duties.
3. Verifies, allocates and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in accounting system from documents such as bank statements, invoices, receipts, check stubs and computer printouts.
4. Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files.
5. Assists in maintaining a current working checking account balance for facility's needs and coordinates purchases for which FSC approval is not required.
6. Assists in preparing or reviewing petty cash reimbursements and bank reconciliations for accuracy, quality and adherence to policy and procedures.
7. Assists in maintaining all inventory support records for facility.
8. Assigns, or verifies assignment, of proper account codes to petty checking transactions and other types of expenditures or receipts to ensure that financial transactions are allocated to the appropriate account.
9. Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required. A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other related field is preferred. Three years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required. Must demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet or accounting software. A valid driver's license is required. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please click here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here