Dental Assistant, P/T
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Dental Assistants, P/T who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Dental Assistant, P/T is responsible for professional dental assistance during treatment of inmates/residents. The employee position spends a minimum of 75% of his/her time performing duties which involve contact with inmates/residents in a correctional institution. This is a part-time position that regularly works less than 30 hours per week.
The incumbent should be able to perform all of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the job performance requirements
1. Assistant dentist with the treatment of inmates/residents by setting up all instruments for each patient and treatment to be rendered and preparing impressions and filling materials.
2. After each treatment, sterilize the dental unit and instruments used and replace instruments prior to the next patient treatment.
3. Develop and conduct a dental health education program, instruct inmates/residents in preventive dental techniques
4. Control medication, syringes and other dental supplies or equipment; inventory as required by established procedures
5. Keep equipment and work area clean; utilize appropriate sanitation methods.
6. Review dental services provided to prevent the inappropriate use or duplication of services.
7. Communicate effectively and coherently to administration, staff, inmates/residents, visitors and the general public, particularly in situations requiring tact, diplomacy, understanding, fairness, firmness and good judgment.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety , we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent or greater. Certificate or evidence of completion of a dental assistant training program preferred, unless required by contract or applicable statute. A valid driver's license is required. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact email@example.com for further assistance. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please click here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here