Registered Nurse - CQI
CORRECTIONAL NURSING! Best Kept Secret in Nursing
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Registered Nurses CQI who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse, Continuous Quality Improvement has the overall responsibility and accountability for all facets of the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program, which is crucial to the quality of healthcare and the operation of the Health Services unit. Provides direct support to the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Regional Director of Health Services, and others in planning, designing, integrating, implementing, modifying, and administering the CQI program to evaluate and improve the quality of patient care and to evaluate the appropriateness and timeliness of the provided service.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Develops and implements the organizations quality improvement plan in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, customer contract, and accreditation standards
2. Develops and implements systems and procedures for the identification, collection, and analysis of performance measurement data.
3. Design data collection instruments; compile and analyze data; design interventions to address issues, collect outcome and process studies.
4. Educates and trains leaders and staff to the continuous improvement program, and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the program.
5. Leads, facilitates, and advises internal quality improvement teams.
6. Collects and summarizes performance data to identify opportunities for improvement, and presents findings to the CQI committee.
7. Chairs the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee.
8. Participates in facility committees such as the Infection Control Committee, Special Needs Committee.
9. Participate in preparation for accreditation and inspections.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety , We operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve;
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully reintegrate into society and keep communities safe
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
Qualifications Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing program with a degree/diploma in nursing. Must possess current licensure in the state of employment. Three years of current, professional nursing experience in leadership and management with two years clinical and/or performance improvement experience required. Two years' experience in a correctional health care program required. ACLS certified, or willing to become certified within the first three months of employment. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. A valid driver's license is required.
Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing program with a degree/diploma in nursing. Must possess current licensure in the state of employment. Three years of current, professional nursing experience in leadership and management with two years clinical and/or performance improvement experience required. Two years' experience in a correctional health care program required. ACLS certified, or willing to become certified within the first three months of employment. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. A valid driver's license is required.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please click here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here