Registered Nurse - Compact Compliance
CORRECTIONAL NURSING! Best Kept Secret in Nursing
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Registered Nurses – Contract Compliance who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse, Contract Compliance has responsibility and oversight for all facets of health services contract compliance at the facility level. Monitors the quality of healthcare provided and that performance expectations of CoreCivic and its partners are met. Provides support to the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Regional Director of Health Services, and others in planning, designing, integrating, implementing, modifying, and administering the Contract Compliance program to evaluate and improve the quality of patient care. Evaluates the appropriateness and timeliness of the provided service in meeting contractual expectations, policy, and accreditation standards.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Develops and implements the organization's health care contract compliance plan in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, customer contract and accreditation standards.
2. Develops and implements systems and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of performance measurement data.
3. Designs data collection instruments; complies and analyzes date; identifies and recommends best practices and other interventions to address issues and drive improvements.
4. Educates and trains facility leadership and health services staff in understanding Health services contract, policy and standards compliance and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the program
5. Leads, facilitates and advises CoreCivic quality improvement teams. Facilitates discussions with health services staff on compliance concerns, provides guidance or recommends correctional action to maintain compliance with policy and contract/partner requirements.
6. Collects and summarizes objective data to identify opportunities for improvements and presents findings to CoreCivic health services leadership, the HSA, nurses assigned to chronic care and CQI roles, and other health services stakeholders, both in the facility and to our partners.
7. Participates in preparation for accreditation and inspections. Identifies any standard deficiencies or area of concern and provides guidance to staff to improve performance.
8. Observes patient care health services delivery across multiple settings in the facility. Collects data and reports findings to CoreCivic health services leadership.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety , We operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve;
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully reintegrate into society and keep communities safe
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
Qualifications Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing program with a degree/diploma in nursing is required. Must possess current licensure as an RN in the state of employment, or a nursing compact state. If the latter, must be willing to become licensed in the state of employment within ninety (90) days. Two years of current, professional nursing experience required. One year of experience in a correctional health care program is required. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certified, or willing to become certified within the first three months of employment. Experience in Microsoft Office applications or other similar software applications is required. A valid driver's license is required.CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.
Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing program with a degree/diploma in nursing is required. Must possess current licensure as an RN in the state of employment, or a nursing compact state. If the latter, must be willing to become licensed in the state of employment within ninety (90) days. Two years of current, professional nursing experience required. One year of experience in a correctional health care program is required. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certified, or willing to become certified within the first three months of employment. Experience in Microsoft Office applications or other similar software applications is required. A valid driver's license is required.CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please click here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here