Professionalism. Respect. Integrity. Duty. Excellence (PRIDE). These words describe the essence of our values as a company. PRIDE is personified everyday by every employee at every level at CoreCivic. It shapes the choices we make and is the roadmap to how we achieve our mission and realize our vision. CoreCivic is the leader in private correctional facilities and we are growing into the leader in the rehabilitation and re-entry market with facilities nationwide. Our facilities make a difference with the giving of both time and resources to organizations that are doing important work locally. CoreCivic is always recognized as a valued partner because of our unwavering commitment to community.We are looking for a Bookkeeper, Community Corrections is responsible for performing calculations, posting and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
The incumbent should be able to perform all of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the job performance requirements.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all applicable CoreCivic accounting policies.
· Utilize applicable accounting and accounting control procedures that are in keeping with accepted accounting principles and CoreCivic accounting policies and procedures in performing duties.
· Verify, allocate and post details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs and computer printouts.
· Summarize details in separate ledgers or computer files.
· Assist in maintaining a current working checking account balance for facility's needs and coordinate purchases for which FSC approval is not required.
· Assist in preparing or reviewing accounts payable packages, accounts payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and bank reconciliations for accuracy, quality and adherence to policy and procedures.
· Assist in maintaining all inventories for facility.
· Assign, or verify assignment, of proper account codes to purchase orders, accounts payable and other types of expenditures or receipts so that financial transactions are allocated to the appropriate account.
· Regularly inspect cashier receipt documents.
· Accurately prepare, deposit and post bank deposits.
· Compile, prepare and accurately maintain a variety of standard operating records and reports, including those required by management, contracting agency and/or government regulations; review reports and records produced by staff; properly process all reports and documents in a timely manner.
· Input numeric and alphanumeric data accurately and produce finished documents efficiently, using applications software programs on a computerized system; copy, compile and distribute as necessary.
· Answer telephone, route calls and/or take accurate and legible messages.
· Independently edit documents making necessary corrections or revisions to include spelling, grammar and sentence structure.
· Create and/or maintain general files in an organized manner, to include sorting, labeling, filing and retrieving, in accordance with CoreCivic file retention and storage procedures; guards against unauthorized access to the records; and maintains confidentiality and security of records.
· Communicate effectively and coherently with staff to ensure that accurate documentation is received and current accounting procedures are followed; issue written and oral instructions; respond to verbal/written inquiries and requests or refer to appropriate staff member.
· Read and comprehend legal and non-legal documents to include handwritten text, correspondence, policies, regulations, procedures, reports, directions for forms completion and other simple or moderately complex documents; read, analyze and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations.
· Attend staff meetings to promote effective communications and the proper flow of relevant information.
· Endeavor to comply with the requirements of applicable regulations, laws, rules, procedures, policies, standards and/or contract.
· Establish and maintain effective working relations with others and handle difficult interpersonal contacts.
· Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical reference; and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
· Participate in in-service and other training programs as required.
· Operate a motor vehicle during both the day and night where driving conditions can include congested traffic and unsafe road conditions caused by factors such as fog, rain, ice and snow.
· Remain alert at all times and react quickly, efficiently and calmly in emergency and other high stress situations.
Qualifications High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required; graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in accounting or related field is preferred. Three years of experience in a similar position is required. Must demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Excel or other spreadsheet or accounting software. A valid driver's license is required.
High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required; graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in accounting or related field is preferred. Three years of experience in a similar position is required. Must demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Excel or other spreadsheet or accounting software. A valid driver's license is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here