Maintenance Worker, Community Corrections
The incumbent should be able to perform all of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the job performance requirements. Any additional qualifications and/or essential job functions for specific facility locations or post assignments will be contained in Appendix A.
1) Maintains and repairs physical structure of facility in keeping with safe and secure operations of the facility.
- Inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose malfunctions. Dismantles defective or malfunctioning machines and equipment, installs new or repaired parts, and tests operation following repair.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment according to the preventative maintenance plan or as directed by supervisor. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other machinery.
- Provides for the proper supervision and tracking of residents assigned to the Maintenance Department.
- Inspects for items that could be used as contraband by residents. Provides for the secure storage, proper use and/or safe disposal of tools, supplies and equipment. Maintains inventory of all tools, and in proper working order.
- Completes work orders in accordance with company standards for workmanship and housekeeping and in compliance with building codes, blueprints, manuals and/or other applicable procedures, standards or specifications.
- Requisitions supplies, equipment, parts and other maintenance materials within the guidelines of the facility purchasing procedures.
- Follows safety policies and regulations. Takes appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
- Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here