Director, Construction Management
Professionalism. Respect. Integrity. Duty. Excellence (PRIDE). These words describe the essence of our values as a company. PRIDE is personified everyday by every employee at every level at CoreCivic. It shapes the choices we make and is the roadmap to how we achieve our mission and realize our vision. CoreCivic is the leader in private correctional facilities and we are growing into the leader in the rehabilitation and re-entry market with facilities nationwide. Our facilities make a difference with the giving of both time and resources to organizations that are doing important work locally. CoreCivic is always recognized as a valued partner because of our unwavering commitment to community.
We are looking for a Director, Construction Management for our Nashville office responsible for the coordination and monitoring of CoreCivic facility renovations, modifications, and new construction projects. The Director collaborates with the design team on all assigned projects and maintains documentation and reports for critical components of work and is responsible for performing internal conceptual estimates and obtaining external contractor estimates. The Director also maintains cost tables for work in progress or planned work on projects and ensures contract specifications adhere to company polices, quality standards and design criteria.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field is required.
- Five years of project planning, building design or construction experience, to include experience managing project teams is required.
- Institutional/commercial experience strongly preferred.
- Additional years of related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- Strong working knowledge of building design, development, construction, and project management processes and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of major project delivery methods including design-build, design bid-build, and CM at Risk.
- Must be able to evaluate construction documents and contracts and be familiar with standard field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Must have experience with critical path scheduling methods, construction cost estimating and proposal development, document management, and construction administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Project, or other standard industry scheduling tools is preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- A valid driver's license is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here