Human Resources Assistant, Community Corrections
2. Maintains personnel and medical files in compliance with policy and procedures.
3. Processes personnel and payroll documents through regular use of software applications, i.e. Kronos, ATS, and JDE, including, but not limited to, promotions, demotions, transfers, and salary changes.
4. Assists in the implementation and administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs. Responds to staff inquiries or requests regarding HR programs or refers to appropriate staff member or FSC for further assistance as needed.
5. Assists with the implementation, and maintenance of an on-going recruiting program for staffing needs.
6. Assists with coordinating employment interviews, pre-employment screening, including background checks and employment verifications, and new hire orientation process.
7. Reviews and maintains various logs or reports for accuracy and compliance i.e. new hire/term, job posting, staffing/vacancy, FMLA, Affirmative Action, Workers Compensation, disability accommodation, and religious accommodation.
8. Inputs text accurately and produces finished documents efficiently using word processing and spreadsheet programs; copies, compiles and distributes as necessary.
9. Creates and maintains files in an organized manner, to include sorting, labeling, filing and retrieving, in accordance with company and facility file retention and storage procedures; maintains confidentiality and security of records.
10. Communicates effectively with staff, residents and visitors; responds to verbal/written inquiries and requests or refers to appropriate staff member; answers telephone, routes calls and/or takes accurate and legible messages.
11. Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here