At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Treatment Counselors who have a passion for making lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. The facility will be providing pre-release preparation programming and substance abuse treatment to adult male inmates with 24 months or less to serve. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. The Treatment Counselor implements a wide range of alcohol and drug use programs and provides mental health and substance abuse counseling services to inmates/residents assigned to the treatment program(s).
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Interviews and assesses prospective program participants, and gathers data using appropriate screening and assessment instruments. Establishes rapport with participants and determines individual and group needs based on results of screening and assessment instruments and other collateral sources.
2. Facilitates individual and group treatment interventions, in accordance with CoreCivic, partner agency, and prevailing state regulations, statutes, policies and procedures. Uses standardized offender assessment information in developing treatment plans or specific programs.
3. Facilitates participant engagement in treatment process, promoting positive attitudes, skills, coping mechanisms to encourage on-going recovery. Plans participant incentives and uses appropriate therapeutic tools to manage behavioral issues or concerns.
4. Maintains the confidentiality of clinical files for each participant to include, but not limited to, intake documents, assessment(s), and interview(s), treatment plan, treatment plan reviews, progress notes, discharge summary, and referrals, according to written protocols and in compliance with prevailing laws and regulation(s).
5. Documents and tracks treatment plans, monitors inmate progress and reviews status of inmates/residents to verify that treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
CoreCivic Safety, a national leader in high quality corrections and detention management;
CoreCivic Properties, offering a wide range of innovative, cost-saving government real estate solutions;
CoreCivic Community, a growing network of residential re-entry centers to help tackle America’s recidivism crisis.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.