Professionalism. Respect. Integrity. Duty. Excellence. These words summarize the vision, mission and values of CoreCivic as a company. Each member of the CoreCivic family personifies PRIDE every day as they work to make a positive impact in the communities they serve.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in the rehabilitation and re-entry market. CoreCivic is hiring for Correctional officers at our Trousdale Turner Correctional Center in Hartsville, TN. All Correctional Officers go through our paid training academy and receive post academy On The Job Training as part of our hiring process. Correctional Officers maintain the security of the facility and the inmates in accordance with the CoreCivic Way.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees, which enables us to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, Paid Training and a 401(k) with company match!
The correctional officer performs routine duties in accordance with established policies, regulations and procedures. The correctional officer maintains and provides for the overall security, care and direct supervision of inmates within our care during all activities that take place at the facility within the housing units, during meals, recreation, educational programs and work assignments. The correctional officer coordinates and monitors movements, counts and emergency response as needed. The correctional officer is also trained on how to maintain discipline and order. The correctional officer must be able to work any post assignment on any shift.
Post assignments may include-Armory/Key Control -Library
-Central or Pod Control -Maintenance
-Count Room -Medical
-Housing Unit -Utility/Escort
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Monitor the safety practices and the preparation and dissemination of safety and accident reports as required by policy; take appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
- Assign inmates/residents to, and supervise inmates/residents during, work/program activities.
- Escort inmates/residents to and from different areas for questioning, programs/activities, medical treatment, work and meals; use handcuffs and other appropriate restraints when necessary or required.
- Conduct visual and audio surveillance for extended time, including the reliable repetitive identification of inmates/residents by visual means.
- Engage in functions in confined areas that include such things as serving food, working rotating shifts, extended patrol and physically checking the doors, windows and other areas to ensure they are secure.
- Perform searches of people, objects capable of concealing contraband, buildings and outdoor areas that will involve detecting and identifying objects, moving throughout the facility building(s) and/or grounds for long time and detaining people.
- Communicate effectively and coherently with staff, visitors and inmates/residents by giving information and directions, mediating disputes and advising of rights and processes.
- Take appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with others and handle difficult interpersonal contacts.
- Remain alert at all times and react quickly, efficiently and calmly in emergency and other high stress situations.
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace and EOE
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace and EOE
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.