At CoreCivic, our mental health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. CoreCivic is currently seeking Psychologists who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. CoreCivic employ over 100 psychologists and other mental health professionals who provide clinical services, assessment, consultation, program evaluation and staff development in the fast-paced environment of partnership corrections. The Psychologist plans and implements all professional psychological service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility. Coordinates and directs the activities of personnel engaged in providing psychological services to inmates/residents.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Conducts psychological screenings and assessments based on review of available records, and clinical interviews with inmates.
2. As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical staff, e.g., psychiatrists, mental health service providers, physicians, nurses, social workers, in order to gather and provide information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure treatment activities are well integrated, and patient care follow-through occurs.
3. Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing, and modifying individual treatment plans based on evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
4. Makes regular rounds in segregation or other confined housing areas to assess inmate adjustment and mental health treatment needs.
5. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
6. Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling, and confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of inmates in crisis.
7. Consults with psychiatry, mental health, nursing, medical, educational, chaplain, security staff, and others, as applicable to gather information and understanding into the reasons for the escalation of problems behaviors and changes in mental health condition of inmates.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety , we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in psychology. Must possess a current, unrestricted license to practice psychology in the state where practice occurs. Must have two years clinical experience, which includes one year in a comparable position. A valid driver's license is required. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.