At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Dental Assistants who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Dental Assistant is responsible for professional dental assistance during treatment of inmates/residents. The employee position spends a minimum of 75% of his/her time performing duties which involve contact with inmates/residents in a correctional institution.
The incumbent should be able to perform all of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the job performance requirements
1. Assistant dentist with the treatment of inmates/residents by setting up all instruments for each patient and treatment to be rendered and preparing impressions and filling materials.
2. After each treatment, sterilize the dental unit and instruments used and replace instruments prior to the next patient treatment.
3. Control medication, syringes and other dental supplies or equipment; inventory as required by established procedures
4. Keep equipment and work area clean; utilize appropriate sanitation methods.
5. Review dental services provided to prevent the inappropriate use or duplication of services.
6. Review status of inmates/residents for completion of all necessary intervention and treatments and services.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety , we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent or greater. Certificate or evidence of completion of a dental assistant training preferred. Experience may be substituted for certifications. A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by contract or applicable statute. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.