Medical Records Clerk
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Medical Records Clerks who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Medical Records Clerk provides administrative support in the operation of the medical clinic by performing varied and complex clerical and related administrative functions requiring independent judgment in the use of work methods and procedures.
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Create and maintain medical records, general files, logs and other related records and documents in an organized manner, to include sorting, labeling, filing and retrieving, in accordance with corporate and facility file retention and storage procedures; and maintains confidentiality and security of records.
2. Maintain a current inventory of clinic supplies; monitor compliance with sign in/out logs; prepare inventory reports as required.
3. Monitor outside referrals and coordinates transfer of medical records.
4. Assist in the preparation of routine medical and dental reports.
5. Read and comprehend medical instructions and procedures, correspondence, policies, regulations, reports, directions for forms completion and other simple or moderately complex documents.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety , we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent. Two years experience in a similar position required. Additional education or specialized training may be substituted for the required experience. A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by contract or applicable statute. Proficiency in Microsoft Word for Windows, Lotus 1-2-3 or Excel and other personal computer applications preferred. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.