Clinical Supervisor - RN
CORRECTIONAL NURSING! Best Kept Secret in Nursing
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Clinical Supervisors (RN) who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and supervision of clinical nursing practice in the facility’s medical program based on corporate goals, objectives and philosophy in compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations and standards of patient care.
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Report directly to the Warden/Facility Administrator or Health Service Administrator for daily clinical operations within the medical department
2. Manage and supervise daily nursing/clinical activities.
3. Supervise nursing and non-licensed health care providers in the performance of their duties and evaluate as prescribed by the facility and corporate policy. This includes, but is not limited to, training new employees; evaluating performance and preparing written performance appraisals; listening to complaints and effectively resolving disputes or problems; taking corrective or disciplinary action; developing work schedules for subordinates; and approving leave requests.
4. Provide direct patient care as indicated within scope of licensure; apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of inmates/residents.
5. Provide for adequate staffing at the facility; fill in as needed during periods of short staffing; may perform nursing duties including, but not limited to, executing physician’s orders, assisting physicians in examinations or treatment, dispensing and administering medications, treating emergencies and screening patients for referrals, and performing intakes.
6. Perform triage and physical assessments.
7. Perform and direct emergency care and procedures as needed and call the Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety , We operate safe, secure facilities that provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve;
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully reintegrate into society and keep communities safe
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
Graduate from an accredited college or university nursing program with a diploma/degree in nursing. Must possess current licensure in the state of employment. Two years nursing experience required. One year supervisory experience preferred. A valid driver's license is required. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and possess a strong knowledge base of clinical nursing and basic principle/practices of management. Must have a basic working knowledge of computer and office equipment. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact email@example.com for further assistance. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please click here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here